A. J. Cochrane & Sons is a family owned West Australian painting contracting company established in 1933 in East Perth employing 7 staff.
Arthur and Bedelia Cochrane founded the business from their Bulwer Avenue home and were actively involved in its operation until 1960.
Arthur’s sons, Jack and Bill, joined the business in 1937 and 1948 respectively.
|Bill and Jack||Bulwer Ave – Original Home of the Business|
With the retirement of Jack and Bill in 1985 Stephen assumed control of A. J. Cochrane and Sons and continues in that role today.Jack’s son Stephen joined the business in 1975, and after completing a five year apprenticeship worked in a number of supervisory roles through 1980-1985. Jack and Bill actively mentored Stephen until their retirement in 1985.
Since their start up in 1933 the family have positioned the business as one of the leading providers in the Western Australian market.
|AJ Cochrane and Sons Family Tree|
Whilst growth has, and continues to be primarily organic stemming from an enviable reputation built on 80 years of proven professional service delivery, reliability, honesty and integrity, A. J. Cochrane & Sons has also sought to grow market share, and diversify its products and services in the market.
- A. J. Cochrane and Sons are registered with the Painters Registration Board and have been since 1933.
- As a long standing member of the local painting and decorating industry, A. J. Cochrane has developed extensive networks with clients from different market segments across Western Australia:
- The company customer base stretches from Esperance in the south to Broome in the north and off shore from Rottnest Island to Cocos Island.
- The operating business covers all facets of residential and commercial painting services in Perth.
- Our managers are qualified tradesmen and registered painters with a combined 100 years trade experience painting in Perth.