0418 920 077
0418 920 116
Perth’s Premier Painting Company for Over 90 Years
Here at AJ Cochrane & Sons, we are proud of our Western Australian heritage and the premium quality services we provide to our valued customers. It’s our aim to be the best residential and commercial painters Western Australia will ever see!
Our family-owned business started way back in 1933, when Arthur Cochrane decided the people of Perth needed painting quality they could trust.
Today, over 90 years on, AJ Cochrane & Sons is still going strong with third- and fourth-generation family members continuing Arthur’s legacy.
We are registered Master Painters and have been repeatedly recognised by the Master Painters & Decorators Australia WA Association via their annual Awards of Excellence since their commencement in 1981.
We are proud of our history and excited about our future. We believe in the work we do and the depth of experience we bring as we continue to offer a full-service results-driven work ethic in the painting and decorating industry across Western Australia.
Our services include:
- Residential paint works (new projects)
- Residential re-paints
- Commercial paint works (new projects)
- Project re-paints
- Historical renovations
- Special decorative finishes
- Maintenance works
- Wallpaper/fabric hanging services
What to expect
Wondering what to expect from commercial or residential painters in Western Australia?
Our skilled and experienced staff will provide you with a preliminary no-obligation consultation to find out more about your painting needs. We know painting, so we can guide you through the process and recommend the best next steps. We can even provide colour consultancy!
Once we are clear on what you need, we’ll deliver a comprehensive written quotation and a project outline. This will detail everything you need to know, including preparations, and materials.
Upon acceptance, we’ll confirm requirements and outline the proposed start date. At this stage we will discuss your project with you in details, including any matters that you may wish to raise.
While on site, we’ll do whatever we can to minimise disruption. We’ll execute an environmentally responsible clean-up and follow all relevant occupational health and safety guidelines.
When everything is said and done, we’ll deliver a quality finish we can all be proud of.
Environment and Sustainability
At AJ Cochrane, we know the importance of looking after the environment. That’s why we’re committed to adopting sustainable painting practices wherever possible. In fact, in 2011 and 2012, we were awarded the Master Painters Enviro Painter of the Year award!
Our commitment means complying with environmental legislation, as well as air and noise quality guidelines. We maintain safe waste management practices and provide our staff with environmentally friendly painting equipment.
We use the Envirowash system to ensure efficient water usage and appropriate cleaning of brushes and equipment. We also use environmentally friendly paint products with low odour formulation, such as Dulux Envir02. This premium paint product contains low volatile organic compounds.
As part of our drive for sustainability in the painting industry, we ensure that all our staff understand the needs of the environment and the impact of their actions.
AJ Cochrane & Sons – 55 times Western Australia Award Winners
Over the last four decades, AJ Cochrane & Sons have been honoured to be recognised by the Master Painters & Decorators of Australia for our commitment to excellent customer service and superior painting finishes.
Since the introduction of these awards, A.J. Cochrane & Sons have been awarded 55 separate Awards of Excellence by the Master Painters & Decorators Australia WA Association.
- 2022 – Historic Restoration – open value
- 2022 – House Paint – value up to $20,000
- 2021 – Repaints – High Commendation, Housing – Paint Value over $20,000
- 2021 – Repaints – Finalist, Housing – Paint Value over $20,000
- 2021 – Historical Restorations – Finalist
- 2021 – Decorative Finishes – Winner, Wallcoverings
- 2016 – Repaints – Commercial Over $300,000
- 2016 – Industrial and protective Coatings – Repaints
- 2014 – Professional Business of the Year
- 2013 – Textured Coatings
- 2013 – Professional Business of the Year
- 2012 – Professional Business of the Year
- 2012 – New Construction – QR National Narngulu East
- 2012 – New Construction – Commercial over $100,000 QR National Narngulu East
- 2012 – Enviro Painter of the Year
- 2012 – Decorative Finishes Industrial Coatings Open Value – QR National Narngulu East
- 2012 – Decorative Finishes – QR national Narngulu East
- 2011 – Professional Business of the Year
- 2011 – Enviro painter of the Year
- 2010 – New Construction Housing, Additions and Commercial
- 2008 – Repaints Housing, Additions and Commercial
- 2008 – New Construction – Alpha Building Perth Domestic Airport
- 2007 – New Construction Housing – Dean St Cottesloe
- 2006 – Other Finishes, Industrial Coatings, Corrosion Control
- 2005 – Commercial New Work and Repaints
- 2004 – Texture Coatings
- 2004 – Commercial New Work
- 2003 – Decorative Finishes – Subway Glendalough
- 2003 – Decorative Finishes – Ital Pel Hamilton Hill
- 2003 – Commercial New Work – Bright Water Inglewood
- 2001 – Industrial Roof Coatings
- 1999 – Wall Coverings – St Georges Tce Perth
- 1999 – New Housing – Narrabeen CRT Kallaroo
- 1999 – Commercial Category over $100,000 – Park Royal Perth
- 1999 – Commercial Category $50000-$100,000 – Birralee Innaloo
- 1999 – Commercial Category – Meka St Malaga
- 1998 – Domestic New House Painting – 39 Elliott Rd, Trigg
- 1998 – Commercial Category – Actlabs Perth Airport
- 1997 – Historic Renovations – Bicton Retirement Village
- 1997 – Commercial over $100,000 – Bicton Retirement Village
- 1996 – Domestic Repaint – 49 North St Mt Lawley
- 1996 – Commercial over $1oo,ooo – Bicton Retirement Village
- 1995 – Outstanding Craftsmanship – Joondalup Shopping Centre
- 1994 – Wall Covering – Myer Morley
- 1994 – Overall Outstanding – Myer Morley
- 1994 – Other Special Finishes – Myer Morley
- 1992 -Wall Covering – 6th Floor 524 Hay St Perth
- 1992 – Domestic Repaint – 4 Bellevue Tce Perth
- 1990 – Commercial Category – St John of God Hospital Day Care Centre Subiaco
- 1989 – Commercial Category – Myer Forrest Chase
- 1988 – Commercial Category
Let’s Get Started
Thinking about a fresh look for your residential or commercial property? It might be time for a paint job!
When it comes to painting, you want to work with the experts. And that’s us!
So, what are you waiting for? Contact AJ Cochrane & Sons today, and find out more about what makes us the right choice for your painting needs.
Our expert repainting professionals are just an email or phone call away.